Addressing Energy Emergencies
An energy emergency can be the result of inclement weather or an overload of the energy grid, resulting in power companies reducing or turning off available energy sources. Having a plan in place to address this type of situation starts with a functioning generator, such as the quality products available from A-iPower.
The following addresses how to ensure you are ready in case of losing power in an emergency.
- Make sure you have easy access to your generator.
- Always have a light source handy and know where you’ve stored the extension cord and power switch you plan on using.
- Have a backup supply of fuel and oil, especially if the power is out for an extended period.
- Plan on where you will place the generator
- Never run the generator inside a house, basement, garage, or other closed area where deadly levels of carbon monoxide can collect.
- Place the generator at least 20 feet from the house and point the engine exhaust away from windows and doors.
Two of A-iPower’s best products are the SUA12000E and the SUA5000P portable generators. Visit the A-iPower YouTube page to see the SUA12000E in action, and click here for a video depiction of the SUA5000P.
Check out our In the News section for information that could affect power being provided to your neighborhood.
As the electric grid continues to age and the weather events become more unpredictable, there are more and more outages. By following these simple rules, you can help ensure that you and your family will remain as comfortable and safe as possible no matter how long the outage lasts.
When you’re ready to purchase the A-iPower SUA12000E or the SUA5000P generator, visit one of the following retail outlets: