Internal combustion machines create carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that can be deadly. When running a generator, carbon monoxide is produced. If not used properly, generators can produce dangerous situations for users.
At A-iPower, customer safety is our main concern. Therefore, we are excited to announce our new CO Watch Guard. Installed on our generators, the Watch Guard is continuously detecting and measuring levels of carbon monoxide in the area. If the Watch Guard detects a dangerous amount of CO, it automatically shuts off the generator and sounds an alert. When this happens, you simply move out of the area.
The new CO Watch Guard makes using your generator safer but even so, at A-iPower we want to remind you of the rules you should always follow for the proper use of a portable generator.
- Never use a generator indoors or in a garage. Even if the doors and windows are open, carbon monoxide can still build up and poison you.
- Only use generators outdoors, at least 20 feet away from your home, doors, and windows. The exhaust from a generator can contain carbon monoxide, so it is important to keep it away from people and pets.
- Never refuel a generator while it is running. Fumes from gasoline can ignite and cause a fire.
- If you start to feel sick or dizzy, get out of the area immediately and call 911. Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal.
With an A-iPower generator, you can power your life with peace of mind in knowing that our CO Watch Guard is looking out for you.
Visit a-ipower.com for more information.